This year for the Venture Competition 2017, entrepreneurial students at Brunel University had the opportunity to compete for a prize of up to £5,000 to kick start their business idea.
Students participated in a Venture training workshop held by the Innovation Hub before submitting their applications for the Venture Competition.
Eight finalists were short-listed from over 90 submissions and the finalists were invited to pitch their business ideas in front of a panel of business experts, we also gave two finalists a chance to pitch their ideas over Skype .
We would like to congratulate all 8 finalists :
- Thomas Fudge- Ech – Everyone Can Help
- Susan Jane Obadina – VISION
- Stephanie Monty -Ostique Ltd
- Carl Marcus Alakija- ParkAmigo
- Bernadette Louise Byrne -They Should Invent That .com
- Tanvir Ahmed -Power Toilet Brush
- Dale Burrowes Sharps Safety
- James Paul Hadley -EcoDrones
The judges rigorously questioned the finalists about their business models and after some intense discussion, they finally decided to split the £5000 prize money between the winner and the runner up.