Got a bright idea? Make your business idea a reality… or take it to the next level.
The Venture Competition is an opportunity for Brunel University London students and alumni to develop their entrepreneurial skills and ideas with a chance to win up to £5,000 of start-up funding along with valuable:
- Business Mentoring and networking with entrepreneurs and business professionals to gain valuable feedback on your ideas.
- Entrepreneurial Skills Development to increase your skills and abilities
- 1-1 Business Consultations with Brunel Innovation Hub Entrepreneurship Consultants
WHAT’S THE PRIZE?
- Up to £5,000 to go towards developing your business idea or taking an existing business to the next level.
- If you have a successful application, you could also be entered into the Santander Universities Entrepreneurship Awards Competition which could enable you to win up to £15,000 prize money.
- An editorial feature in Disrupts Entrepreneurship and Lifestyle Magazine
- A 12-month VESTD membership – a collaboration platform that connects entrepreneurs to a network of experts to invest in each other.
- Points towards your Brunel+ Award.
- One-to-one mentoring with members from our corporate partners including IBB and Kingston Smith
- Access to exhibition space at the Hillingdon Business Expo on Thursday 26 May where you can showcase your business and network with members from local and regional companies.
- Feature in the Brunel Festival Finale, as well as showcase space
- A 12 month Hillingdon Chamber of Commerce Membership
- On-going support and advice from Brunel Innovation Hub
CAN I APPLY?
This competition is open to all Brunel students and alumni. Both individuals and teams are welcome. No business experience necessary! Download our information pack and take the plunge today!
HOW DO I APPLY?
Note that the online entry form can’t be “saved” and returned to later for completion – you’ll need to finish and submit it all in one go. Don’t worry, the form doesn’t take long and the questions with guidance are in the Information Pack so you can fully prepare your application.
Applications must be submitted before Midnight Wednesday 8th March 2017.
WHAT ARE THE STAGES?
- Send us a smashing application by Midnight- Weds 8th March!
- Perfect your pitch at the Art of Pitching Training to prepare you for the final round.
- Pitch your idea in a live crowdfunding event. Download our application form to find out all about it!
Remember, you can book one-to-one sessions with our Innovation Consultants if you need any help with your application, pitch, or business!
|Key event||Time||Key activity|
|Thu 24 November||11:00 – 12:00||Start-up Studio – Get your idea ready for the Venture Competition, win £5k!|
|Wed 1 February||14:00 – 15:00||Start-up Studio – Get your idea ready for the Venture Competition, win £5k!|
|Wed 8 March||Midnight||Application Deadline Round 1 Closes|
|Wed 22 March||17:00||Round 1 Results Announced|
|Wed 29 March||12:30 – 14:00||Art of Pitching Training|
|Wed 5 March||TBC||Venture Finals “Pitch and Awards”|
|Mon 24 – Fri 28 April||17:00||
“I envision myself becoming the next business tycoon and applying for the Venture Competition has allowed me to make a start. This competition has made an idea in my head become a reality and I will always be thankful for the team behind the Competition. I have only just scratched the surface and I am excited to see what else is to come”. – Ibiere Banigo, Zoo Town, Winner of Venture Competition 2016
If you have any questions or would like to book a one-to-one consultation with the Innovation Hub, please feel free to visit us in our drop-in sessions:
CEDPS & CHLS: Wednesdays 10am – 12pm
CBASS: Thursdays 12pm – 2pm
at the Professional Development Centre, Bannerman Centre or email us at email@example.com.